The BEST 5 Minute Golden Milk Recipe
I love drinking this Golden Milk Recipe every night before bed! It is so simple and easy to make and so good for you!
You can grab the ingredients for this milk at your local grocery store! And the best part is all the ingredients are so good for you!
I started drinking this after I found out the health benefits of turmeric and when I tasted cardamom I became addicted! Turmeric has amazing anti-inflammatory properties plus so many other health benefits!
I drink this every night before I go to bed and I love it!
This recipe can also be tweaked to your liking see below for suggestions.
Substitutions and additions for ingredients of Golden Milk
If you want to use a different sweetener you can substitute the pure maple sugar for:
- Monk fruit sweetener
- Cane sugar
- Sugar substitutes (like stevia or coconut sugar)
You can remove ground cinnamon and add a cinnamon stick to your milk as you heat it up on the stove!
You can also add:
- Ginger (Fresh ginger or ground ginger)
- Coconut oil
Different milks you can use:
- Fat coconut milk (makes it more creamy) to be dairy free
- Unsweetened almond milk (also dairy free)
- Oat Milk (also dairy free)
- Goat Milk
Golden Milk Recipe Instructions
This recipe is super easy! It goes by lots of different names:
- Golden Milk
- Turmeric Latte
- Turmeric Milk
- Golden Latte
- Turmeric Tea
Whatever you want to call it…it’s amazing!
Heat up your milk, you choose whether to use the stove or the microwave!
Add the rest of the ingredients:
- 1/4 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon maple syrup for sweetener
5 Minute Golden Milk
The very BEST before bedtime drink that warms your soul and has amazing health benefits!
- 1 cup milk (can substitute for any milk I use almond)
- 1/4 teaspoon Turmeric
- 1/8 teaspoon Cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon Cinnamon
- A dash of Black Pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon Maple Syrup for sweetener (can sub for honey or any sweetener of your choice)
- Warm up your milk. You can warm it up on the stove or in the microwave. I use the microwave.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir. (I use a frother but you can use a whisk if you don't have one)
You can replace milk with any milk. Most commonly used is coconut milk, I use almond milk. You can also try oat milk or whatever milk you have on hand!
I also sometimes add ginger to this recipe because of it's great health benefits! But it isn't necessary for the recipe.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 9g
If you try this let me know in the comments!
Also, if you have different additions that you add to your golden latte let me know so I can try them!
Make Sure to Pin this to your Favorite Pinterest Board!
Good recipe–I will note that Almond Milk takes a toll on the environment due to the water needs of almond trees. I hope ppl consider other milks (I use soy bc of the higher protein) instead of almond milk. I do love the inclusion of the cardamon spice. Thanks!